Frequently Asked Questions
1. Information we collect
First time borrowers need to complete an Loan Application. This loan application can be obtained from our web site, www.hcsecu.org, or call and we can fax it to them. Subsequent loan requests require an update form that can be faxed, or in some instances we can take the information over the phone. Once the loan application is completed, you can fax it to us at 806.897.4071, or you can scan it and email it to us.
2. How long do I have to be a member before I can apply for a loan?
You may apply for a loan as soon as you become a member. There are no membership time requirements for loan qualifying.
3. How do I add/remove a joint member to/from my account?
To add a member you will need to complete a new signature card, which you and the joint member sign where indicated. To remove a joint member, all joint members of the account need to agree to the removal, or the account can be closed and remaining joint members may open a new account.
4. How do I change my payroll deduction?
Payroll deduction is an agreement between you and your employer. Payroll deduction change forms are available from your employer and should be filed with them. When changing deductions, remember to indicate the total amount you want deducted from your check and forwarded to the credit union. You can get the print the form from our "forms" page.
5. Direct Deposit Questions
a. Why should I use Direct Deposit?
- Safe – Your paycheck is protected against loss or theft.
- Worry-free – Now you can be assured that your check is deposited, even when you're away from home.
- Saves time – You no longer have to make special trips to the credit union or stand in long lines on payday.
- Convenient – No more waiting for the mailman. Your deposits will be made for you automatically, allowing you to set your own timetable for getting cash.
b. How do I apply?
Our Member Service Representatives have all the necessary forms. If you wish, they will be happy to fill them in for you. All you have to do is tell them how you want your money distributed and sign your name. HCSECU will take care of everything else.
c. Is there a charge for this service?
This service is free to all participating HCSECU members.